`

`

Friday, April 5, 2024

€XpLoR!n9 ReVeLaTion 2 18-29

       WeeKly BooK oF Revelation

18 - “To the angel of the church in Thyatira write: ‘The words of the Son of God, whose eyes are like a flame of fire, and whose feet are like polished bronze. 19 ‘I know your works, your love and faith and and your patient endurance, and that your later works are greater than your first. 20 But I have this against you, that you are tolerating the woman Jezebel (an Old Testament violent worshiper of the Baal of ancient Zidon). She calls herself a prophetess and is seducing and teaching my servants to practice sexual immorality and to eat food sacrificed to idols. (This isn’t the leftover meat the poor bought in the marketplace, but is a joining in the decadent feasts of ‘the gods’.) 21 I gave her time to repent and turn, but she refuses. 22 Behold, will be a sickbed, and those who commit adultery with her into great tribulation, unless they repent of her deeds, 23 and the children (and, or fruit?) of her struck dead/abolished [abolished by death]. And all the ecclesia will know that I am he who searches minds and hearts, and I will give to each of you according to your own works. 24 But to the rest of you in Thyatira, who do not hold to this teaching, who have not learned the deep things of Satan, as they say, to you I do not lay upon you any other burden, 25 except to hold fast [krateó - be strong, prevail, hold fast] what you have until I come. 26 The one who overcomes [nikaó - conquers, prevails, subdues] (the lower self) and keeps my works to the end, to them I will give authority over the nations, 27 and they will rule with a (measuring) rod of iron (unbreakable Truth) as when earthen pots are shattered in pieces, even as I myself have received from my Father. (Truth will totally shatter untruth.) 28 And I will give to them the morning star. 29 Whoever has an ear, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches [ekklēsía -from ek - out from and to, and kaléō - to call — (to) the called out].”

                         ~*~

🗝️ [  ] - word/language insights, facts, cross references, etc.

      (  ) - thots

See Intro - This Year’s Revelation Study

               📜🍞+🍷🕊️(+Logic)


No comments:

Post a Comment